Sevilla: Día 2

Apologies that it's been a while between posts, but I've had so much work! Day 2 was a busy one so there's a lot to write and a billion pictures to whittle down, but day three should be a lot quicker to write! Anyway, here's a look at our second day in the beautiful city of Sevilla.

The Alcázar:
The Alcázar of Seville is a royal palace in which was originally a Moorish fort. It is the oldest royal palace still in use in Europe, and it's absolutely stunning, a must-see if you get the chance to visit Seville. You go in through these magnificent arches, through the royal rooms and then out into the gardens. I'm not going to talk much about it, as the pictures really do the talking for me, but the islamic style architecture is stunning and the colours are amazing, especially with the bright blue skies up above.



La Plaza de España:
Next we popped over to La Plaza de España, one of the places that was on the top of my list to visit since seeing it in one of Grace's blog posts. It was  built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition of 1929. I think this was actually my favourite place that we visited - the architecture is amazing and the whole space is just stunning. As you can see, it's a semi-circle shape with a canal of water parallel to the buildings. You can actually rent the paddle boats and have a quick float around too if you so desire. I've included a few panoramic photos at the end, so hopefully you can get a better idea of it - however these do make it look a bit flat - I can assure you that it is a semi-circle shape! Again, if you want to see a bigger version of the picture, just click on it!


Evening Drinks, Ice Cream and Flamenco:
After wandering around the entirety of La Plaza de España, and strolling back to our hostel via el Parque de Maria Luisa, we got changed and ready to head out for the evening. Like I said in the last post, we had tickets to see a flamenco show, but before we got there, we just had to sample some of the ice cream that we had spotted earlier whilst wandering (it was amazzzingg!) After that, we had an obligatory glass of Tinto de Verano, and then headed to the Casa de la Memoria, where the flamenco show was going to take place. 

The venue itself was lovely - Grace had told us that it was small, but I wasn't quite expecting it to only have 3 or 4 rows! It was an intimate performance, and trust me, until you go to a flamenco show, you won't believe just how much noise 4 people can make! I actually managed to sneakily film a tiny bit, but I'm not sure how it turned out, so if it's any good I'll post it later. I was a bit unsure about the singing at first, but when it was combined with the unreal skills of the guitarist and the dancers, it was an amazing experience. You honestly couldn't believe how powerful the dancers were. Their shoes are somewhat like tap shoes - with the metal on the bottom - so each step was insane. The show was about an hour long, and I don't know how they did it, because each stomp was like 110% power. Okay, I'm not making sense, but if you ever get the change to see authentic Flamenco, then you'll see what I mean. 

After the show we headed for some tapas, and then back on to the hostel for a well deserved rest before our last day in Seville. 


Like I said, this was a monster of a post to upload/write, so that's why it took so long to get up (well that plus pure laziness on my part), but day three wasn't as exciting as we were back on the bus to Madrid by 2pm. Hopefully I'll get the next post up ASAP!

Until next time,
Isobel x

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment


Isobel Rose. 22.
London-born, Hong Kong raised.
Language graduate. Frequent traveller.
London/Bath, UK


PR Emails & General Emails isobel@isobel-rose.com


Third culture kid (TCK) is a term used to refer to children who were raised in a culture outside of their parents' culture for a significant part of their development years.

Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.